Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Peepee Teepee

In my friend Charles Duhigg's best-selling book The Power of Habit, he talks about how there's no other time in your life where your buying habits are more susceptible to influence than when you're a new parent. So I'm gonna chalk up my purchase of several Peepee Teepee designs to not-being-right-in-the-head new-parentdom.

These things—and their official product name is The Peepee Teepee for the Sprinkling WeeWee—are useless. Why I wouldn't have figured this out before I bought them is beyond me. They're these little cloth-lined cones that are supposed to stop you from getting peed on by your baby boy.

They will not stop you from getting peed on by your baby boy.

Do you really think this little thing is going to stay put on a wiggling newborn? No. No, it is not.

Rock 'n Roll right offa the baby
The "Skulls" design

Absorbent? I wouldn't know.
I guess softness would matter IF IT STAYED ON

I'd picked up three multi-packs of the Peepee Teepees on a whim while in one of my favorite baby boutiques. I returned two of those designs after I realized what an idiot I'd been, but had already opened the Skulls.

So I put one of the teepees on Baba G just for show. The napkin-looking thing he's holding is what we usually use to cover up "that area" in an attempt to avoid getting peed on. Even that doesn't always work, but it's damn sure better than a mini-cone that immediately falls off. At least Baba G stayed still for 2 seconds in order for me to take a picture. But if he knew I was going to post it for all of the world to see, he probably would've revolted.

Really, Mom? Really?
This is the face of a baby planning revenge.

The bottom line: Definitely don't buy The Peepee Teepee for actual use. But if you're looking for, say, a funny decoration or conversation-starter at a baby shower, or maybe as a bow-alternative on a present or something like that, then go wild. They're only about $10 for a multi-pack.

PS - As with all of my reviews, if someone's had a drastically different experience with a product, I'd love to hear about it. But I just can't imagine anyone finding these things helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment