Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sassy Go-Go Guitars (Hanging Stroller Toys)

So I didn't want to review these specific stroller toys so much as I wanted to talk about the overall concept of "stroller toys." They're one of the many categories of baby stuff that I had no idea even existed until I started browsing around on the web sites I was building Baba G's registry through.

Once I came across these "Go-Go Guitars," however, I was hooked.



My husband plays the guitar (among other instruments, but the guitar is by far his favorite) and I know he has great hopes for Baba G on the Future Rock Star front. So I thought these toys, which you hang from the top of the car seat and/or stroller, would be fun.

But I never really expected BG to play with them. I thought he's just sit in his car seat and be totally oblivious to them 99% of the time. Kind of like this:
It's a retro diner near our place
Where the heck did you bring me, Mom?

Or like this:
There was a race that day on Lake Michigan
Guitars? Boats? Nice day? Who cares, I'm sleepy.

So in other words, I bought the guitar toys for us more than BG. But lo and behold, last week he started noticing them and actually playing with them. Proof:

But they don't play music. Bummer.
Where's the amp and speakers?


While BG is almost always well-behaved on his stroller rides and doesn't need a ton of distractions in order to keep him happy, it's still nice to have something like this just in case. I'm sure the day will come where he'll be fussy and I'll un-Velcro the guitars and let him hold them... and that'll buy me another 5 minutes or so.

I also plan to get a few different types of toys like this for when he's able to be in the stroller the normal way (meaning not in his car seat on top of the stroller). There are TONS of options to choose from and they're all inexpensive.

The bottom line: Hanging stroller toys of ANY kind are great things to buy as shower gifts, and they're also great options to include on a registry since they don't cost an arm and a leg like so many other products (the Go-Go Guitars are $8 for 2—NOT for 4 like what's pictured on Amazon). It might also be nice to have a few different types on hand to be able to switch things up once Junior becomes bored with the same ol' same old.

2 comments:

  1. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!
    best gaming chair under 200 dollars

    ReplyDelete
  2. What baby or child haven't you seen that hasn't had a favorite teddy bear to hold on to and cuddle and even keep them into their teenage years and sometimes even into their adult years? Teddies are cuddly and warm and soft and can be great friends. What child doesn't immediately smile and their face light up when they receive a stuffed bear for a gift? Famous teddy bears

    ReplyDelete